Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday

Being as I work in the hell that is retail, I had to work Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday (go figure). I'm 99.9% sure that the only time my place of employment will close is if the store burns to the ground. I had put up a discount in my shop hoping to get some more views and some buys, well.. I got views but the buys were lacking.

Fortunately, I had some super nice customers who thanked me for working Thanksgiving but the majority of them were too far gone into their turkey induced comas to care about me. It was really depressing seeing as I had to family to really spend Thanksgiving with. Black Friday was kinda slow fortunately, I had a good bit of down time but then Saturday, DAMN YOU POWERBALL WITH YOUR $325 MILLION JACKPOT. We were busy as hell everyone wanted a Powerball ticket. Now with it being $425 Million, I'm glad I don't have to work Wednesday. I encourage my customers to buy their tickets beforehand and not bombard the poor gas station employees on second shift the day of.

Cyber Monday did not really hold a ton of deals that I was looking for... or maybe I just wasn't really paying attention (not like I had the money to buy anything anyway..)

On to a more crafty note? I received an e-mail today while at work  using the bathroom and playing on Facebook on my phone at work. It was a e-mail from Storenvy telling me that they had received a cease and desist letter from the creators/makers or whatever of Hello Kitty and that they had to hide my Hello Kitty coasters because they violated the cease and desist letter. I was saddened by this.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment