Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's hard being a girl...

...and trying to do crafty things for guys. Being a 21 year old female, I typically drift to the pink/girly/summery  fabric and scrapbook paper. I realized that I only have a few papers and fabrics that are really "male species appropriate" so I went to Hobby Lobby because they had a sale on a venture to see what I could find. I found some really girly scrapbook paper for my coasters (as usual) but I finally found some hunting camouflage paper that looks quite nice. My quest for fabric did not turn out as successful.

I was going through my stash of paper yesterday with my neighbor and found paper I forgot I had, one of which was military camouflage, it looks interesting on a coaster as well but I like the hunting camouflage better.

Do you ever find yourself having this problem when you are making things for others? Being a small business owner it is a huge down fall because all of my items are marketed towards women since my taste for manly designs is severely lacking.

Here is a conversation between a friend and I the other day-
Me: OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO CUTE!
Friend: Yeah, it's seashells, I really like it.
Me: Me too!!! I've got to get it, it's 50% off.
Friend: I thought we came for manly stuff.
Me: Guys would like this...
Friend: ...not so much, but okay.

Yeah, this is why I am horrible at buying things for men. "Cute" and "Adorable" should not be used when describing fabric/paper you plan on using for guys and that is my downfall because I like cute things.

I'm a girl, bite me.

These are the newest coasters I've made with the new paper I got, it's still girly.



Be sure to check out Crafting For Sanity on Facebook along with my page and Amanda's page.

Stay crafty my friends,
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment