Thursday, September 27, 2012
So after several weeks of trying to find out, I was finally able to confirm that Rebecca and I will be at the Belmont Fall Festival in Belmont, NC on October 13th. However between class, house, and a child that seems to have his mind set on getting tossed out of a public school, the motivation I need to get some work down is deserting me. I've been slowly sorting through the stuff that was left from the fiasco that was July 4th, which incidently I saw that they were planning for next year. Debating on whether or not to do it, I wonder if I can request a spot away from the stage and the Democrats........
So I found a few posts on Pinterest about DIY Air Fresheners, sadly I still don't have pictures of the finished product, my camera is currently playing hide and seek and the little bugger is winning. I think it's been almost 2 months since I saw my camera, I can't even find the good one, but I have a suspicion that it might be in my husband's cave (yes, this is what he calls his computer room). The instructions were pretty straight forward, I saw one that the liquid potpourri would work (and it's a hell of a lot cheaper the essential oils), unflavored gelatin, salt ( to keep it from molding), and something to
put the air freshener in.
If your like me, this will intrigue you, it did me. This by the way goes in the Epic Fail category, before I forget. I did make this, the problem was that the liquid potpourri separated from the gelatin. So what I have are two cloudy, rather ugly looking gelatin air fresheners that smell highly of roses because the scent separated and moved to the top. I suppose it could have worked if I'd actually used essential oils, but considering that you needed about a cup and a half of the scent, it really wouldn't have been cost effective.